March 19, 2019
Building a Donation Page That Generates a Great Return
Hopefully, both are true. If not, start with the basics.
Then, consider these next steps for leveraging your website to generate support for the mission:
Does your donation page reflect the nonprofit’s brand?
It is a good idea to use a third-party provider that ensures online security, but the giving page should still look like it belongs to your organization. Third-party pages can be adjusted to mirror your brand.
Is your donation page simple and easy?
The donation page is not a place to talk about the organization. People who click “donate” want to give, and they want the process to be straightforward. They don’t want to wade through a lot of text. However, in addition to the online form, include the organization’s mailing address and phone number on the donation page, since there may be some donors who would rather pay by phone or check. Offer donors a few giving-level options, but there is no need to include more than five gift amounts or gift designations.
Can your donation page be shared electronically?
From the donation page, offer links where donors can follow you on your social media pages or share your donation page with those in their circle of influence. This is a great way to increase your visibility and identify new prospects.
Before you make changes to your donation page, take time to view other nonprofit’s pages to see what you find appealing, appalling or simply annoying. If you need to hire a professional to revamp your page, do it. Having a top-notch donation page has the potential of generating a great return on the investment.
Next stops on the road to achieving Hartsook’s mission of growing philanthropy by 25 percent in the next 20 years:
May 30-31, 2019
National Coalition for Homeless Veterans
2019 Annual Conference
Data-driven Donor Identification, Cultivation, Solicitation and Appreciation Developing a Comprehensive Fundraising Plan
July 11, 2019
2019 Bridge Conference
AFP of Washington DC Metro Area Chapter
Prepared for Success: Demystifying the Major Gift Campaign
Los Angeles, Calif.
October 10-12, 2019
2019 Economic Science Association
North American Meetings
November 14-15, 2019
Randomized Controlled Trials
Resources for Smart Fundraising Available on Kindle
Keep up to date on the latest fundraising trends with the Kindle ASR Media collection:
- Reality Fundraising – Ideas, insights and lessons learned through hundreds of best practices from nonprofit professionals nationwide by Bob Hartsook
- Fundraising Leadership – The definitive source for empowering board members to become pro-active fundraising leaders by Karin L. Cox
- Getting Your Ducks in a Row – A tool box of strategies for effective campaign fundraising by Bob Hartsook
- Million Dollar Gifts – Real-life stories of million-dollar gifts that will amaze and inspire your fundraising by Bob Hartsook
- Closing that Gift – “29 secrets” to closing a gift and avoiding the top 10 solicitation mistakes by Bob Hartsook
- Performance-Driven Fundraising – Handy, yet entertaining reference tool for new and seasoned fundraisers by Matthew J. Beem
- Nobody Wants to Give Money Away! – Stories, humor and more than two decades of fundraising experience in which Bob explores the nine fundraising truths essential to success by Bob Hartsook
- On The Money! – An enlightening collection of success stories and lessons learned from nonprofit fundraising campaigns nationwide by Bob Hartsook
- $231 Billion Raised and Counting – by Bob Hartsook, Matthew J. Beem, Karin Cox and over a dozen Hartsook consultants and clients. Hartsook shares stories and “Strategies for Success” that will educate and inspire
Getting Your Ducks in a Row! Proven Strategies for Exceeding Your Capital, Endowment and Operating Campaign Goals (ASR Media) brings together authors and resources, providing a toolbox of strategies for campaign fundraising. Go here for a special price of $10 (plus shipping and handling).
On the Web
|Timely Tips and Tweets! Follow us on Twitter at HartsookTips for tips and giveaways.|
|Facebook: Become a Fan and a Friend. Fundraising tips, event photos, news and updates – see what’s new at Hartsook by becoming a fan of us on Facebook. Friend Hartsook Founder and Chair Bob Hartsook, CEO Matthew J. Beem, and Chief Creative Officer Karin Cox for even more updates!|
Visit the Hartsook website for:
– Educational opportunities
– Books/reference articles
– Conference/workshop speakers
Strategies for Success explores smart ideas, connecting with thousands of fundraising professionals. We welcome your best practices contributions or comments. Send to Strategies for Success editor Karin Cox, [email protected]. If you’d like a free subscription to Strategies for Success or its monthly companion, eHartsook on Philanthropy, contact [email protected].